Monday 22 November 2010

Gyu Kaku

Gyu Kaku is a restaurant that previously never caught my eye. I'm not sure why but maybe it didn't have enough buzz about it. My cousin came back from Singapore and he wanted to try Gyu Kaku's  "Ox tongue", thus ending up having a dinner there. The Tofu Kimchi Chigae Soup completely took me by surprise and since then, I came back there quite often. Personally, I reckon' they have the best kimchi soup in J-Town. I might be exaggerating, but I simply LOVE it. Truly heavenly! Gyu Kaku is located at Plaza Indonesia, ground floor just across to Cork and Screw.
Menu : Tofu Kimchi Chigae Soup
Price : Rp 68,000++
Score : 8.5 / 10
» My goodnes this is SO GOOD! I loveeee the soup ohhh my lord yummy. Even though the stuffing was pretty much the same with normal kimchi soup, the soup is fragrant and thicker than normally. I can even taste the egg and chili plus the spices was heavenly good!!! A MUST have :) 

Menu : Wagyu Rum Cap
Price : Rp 229,000++
Score : 6.5 / 10

» It is a bit pricey for 11 pieces of beef. Even though it's premium beef but I can't seem to appreciate beef too much. However I remembered someone said premium beef has marbled fats within the meat and if that statement is true then these meat slices are definitely premium!


Menu : Wagyu Nakaoshi
Price : Rp 176,000++ (Large = 140 grams)
Score : 7.0 / 10

» This premium beef was juicy and if you like meat with thick fats, then you'll like this for sure. I'm not a big fan of fatty meat but people who like those really enjoy this dish!


Menu : Beef Tounge (Gyu Tan)
Price : Rp 112,000 ++
Score : 6.5 / 10
» The gyu tan are actually fresh and nice. But somehow I always compare gyu tan I ate in Indo with the ones in Melbourne (Melbourne Central, Oishi : Gyu Tan Don). If only any restaurant can steal the recipe for the sauce Oishi uses ..nyuum! Someone please franchise that restaurant!
Menu : Assorted Grilled Sausage
Price : Rp 56,000++ (Small)
Score : 6.0 / 10

» This was not anything fancy or special. But I guess it was okay. A variety of sausages, some beef, some chicken. There's even one type with cheese in it.




GYU KAKU
Address: Plaza Indonesia 1st Floor #173, Jl. M.H. Thamrin Kav. 28-30 Jakarta 10350,
Phone : (62-21)310 7196
Monday till Sunday : 11am - 10pm

1 comment:

  1. Gyu Kaku's Tofu kimchi chigae soup is one of God's many miracle:)

    ReplyDelete