Monday 18 August 2014

Tapas Movida - Cilandak Town Square

I did a review on Tapas Movida way back in 3rd June 2013, which opened my taste buds to what local Spanish cuisine really taste like. Since then, I've drop by quite a few times to their headquarter in Cipete and a second branch had just opened in Cilandak Town Square. I guess hitting the malls can definitely reach out to the people better. Anyways, I was there with a bunch of other foodies and had so much fun. Food was without a doubt; terrific! And what made it even better was the vibe between us all !

The decor of the restaurant wasn't 100% done, they still have a bunch of other things to fix here and there. A couple more weeks and I'm sure it'll turn out great. Tapas wasn't going for any specific theme, they are presenting themselves as 'casual spanish good food', no specific Spanish decor or theme. A little bit difficult to guess what type of food served from the outside, however the bull logo design can be a easy giveaway. Even though they're just newly opened, but their kitchen was running full gear, they have everything listed on the menu and here I go with the food comments ... ^^

Menu : Pincho de Bonito
Price : Rp 15,000 ++ / each
Score : 8.5 / 10

>> Not a big fan of olives but this is definitely one of my favourites! Freshly made bread on the bottom, with a layer of candied tomatoes (which was yummm!) and a generous amount of tuna fish on top. There is this sweetness from the candied tomatoes that was just brilliant. It is still a savory dish even with the contribution of the tomatoes. It's one of those food that gives you an outburst of flavors in your mouth. I couldn't explain myself any better. One bite and you'll understand me.
Menu : Patatas Chorizo
Price : Rp 65,000 ++
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> I adore simple dish. This is going back to basic, potatoes with spanish sausage! Both ingredients shine and grilled (or fried) to perfection. I was expecting crazily salty taste from the bite, and well the kitchen definitely know how to hold themselves with sodium. Chorizo itself has a high salt level and with the herb seasoned potatoes it was comfort food for me. I loooove to just have this over and over and over for breakfast every single day for this week. Slightly on a pricey side for potatoes and sausage but hey, it's imported from Spain, got to give more sometimes. Adore !!!
Menu : Mejillones 
Price : Rp 45,000 ++
Score : 9.0 / 10

>> Oh my! Mussels in white wine cream sauce. I had like 20 of these I think? I made sure the bowl was place very closely to me. First dish that I would definitely order again during my next trip here would be this. The mussels were not the gigantic ones, but more of the normal sized. But that actually work better for me. The seafood were definitely scrubbed clean, there wasn't any sand of dirt complains and the white wine cream sauce was balanced so well. More over, Rp 45, 000 ???? So worth the price that I think it is actually under priced. I wouldn't mind paying at Rp 80,000.

Menu : Albondigas
Price : Rp 45,000 ++
Score : 8.5 / 10

>> Give me some boiled spaghetti drenched with Albondigas and a good movie on my favourite couch , I would die a happy woman (hyperbolic!) hahaha. Albondigas is basically just beef meatballs with spicy tomato sauce. It is different from your day to day boring tomato base pasta. It is not Italian, this is Spanish and aren't you curious what Spanish Tomato sauce taste like? You should and beware that you'll get hooked for life. Cause I am ... 
Menu : Mini Hamburgers
Price : Rp 15,000 / each
Score : 7. 0 / 10

>> Beautiful cute edible little babies. These are so easy to eat, and perfect for appetizers. Meat patties were made of good quality beef and just the freshness of each of the elements really shines through. I believe there is cheese inside and however, not you ordinary cheddar cheese. Really yummy and really adorable !

Menu : Gambas Ajillo
Price : Rp 60,000 ++
Score : 8.0 / 10

>> Garlic Prawns with white wine butter sauce  and boiled pasta will definitely go very well! I know I keep on mixing Spanish food with the Italians, but I don't think white rice will go well? What can go better than pasta, right? Anyways, off the pasta topic. The garlic was cooked perfectly but the sauce is definitely the star of the dish. There is a subtle garlic rhythm, harmoniously balanced with butter sauce. Oh lala...you'll be grinning from ear to ear.
 


Menu : Paella de Mixta
Price : Rp 85,000 ++
Score : 8.5 / 10

>> I had this in the Cipete branch and now the one in Citos is just as good ^_^. This has a generous amount chicken, seafood, tomatoes and parpika inside. The portion is huge and definitely enough for 3 people. The menu recommends for 2 pax but 3 should fit just right. The saffron infused spanish rice was so delicious, it's soaked with all the goodness of the spices and flavours. Simply DELISH ! If you'd like just with seafood (Rp 175,000), just ask for it !
Did you know that Tapas Movida was voted the best Spanish Restaurant in Jakarta by "Now Jakarta" 2013. And make sure to vote them again this year, go online to Now Jakarta website and click away !! I did vote personally and really hope they'll get the trophy again this year. Mind blowing, addictive food !

Tapas Movida
Cilandak Town Square Ground Floor # 043 - 045
Jl. TB Simatupang Kav 17. Jakarta Selatan
Phone : 021 - 29042818

1 comment:

  1. Terlihat sangat lezat makanannya, harnganya juga terjangkau membuat yang melihat ingin mencobanya.
    Food Photographer Jakarta

    ReplyDelete