Friday 14 June 2013

Hawaiian Bistro

A girl friend and her husband made so much noise saying that this restaurant called 'Hawaiian Bistro' situated along Ikkousha Ramen in Pantai Indah Kapuk (PIK) was delicious and that I got to make time for it. To be honest, I noticed this place many times as I'm used to hanging out in PIK area, and will definitely notice any new eatery or restaurant there. I saw Hawaiian but wasn't attracted to come by and try their food. I must be honest that their decor was in line with the "Hawaii" theme but wasn't welcoming nor cozy at all. What about the food then? Is it as good? Did my friend's taste buds got screwed up or is the food really is good? Read this review and visit them yourself to get your own verdict.

I've never been to Hawaii, thus I'm not sure what restaurants in there look like. While here, the owners really made an effort and try to give an authentic feel. There are 2 sitting area, smoking and non - smoking. The non - smoking area has a dim dark feel, with big 'Aloha' murals on the wall. I personally prefer the smoking area (even though I'm not a smoker) due to several facts. It's a closed outdoor seating, meaning well air conditioned and thus solve the issue of being 'sticky'.

Menu : Bistro Bento
Price : Rp 72,000 ++
Score : 8.0 / 10

>> Well it's an eight which equates to yummy ! This is the menu to order for all first timer here in 'Hawaiian Bistro'. There's so much things in here that goes so well together; spam, special battered fried chicken, bbq beef, short ribs, battered fried fish with pineapple dressed salad on the side, served on top of white rice. It's a big portion and you don't have to worry of not being full. I love the beef ribs and the battered chicken. It's something in the sauce and the formulation of the batter. Bottomline, this is a go !
Menu : Spam Rice Sushi
Price : Rp 24,000 ++
Score : 7.0 / 10

>> A very very simple dish. Rice at the bottom, with a piece of long rectangular spam place on top. Smeared with a good brush of 'special bbq' home made sauce (which is the star of the dish) and then wrapped in a sheet of crispy seaweed. Healthy and a good snack before you hit the gym maybe? But being a glutton that I am, I had this after I ate my 'Bistro Bento' above. Hahahahaha, this was yummy. But I recommend you to eat this before any big meals because if it is after, your tummy might not have enough room and that could definitely affect your palate.

Menu : Ahi Poke
Price : Rp 32,000 ++
Score : 8.0 / 10

>> Likeeee this ! Bite size sashimi tuna marinated in their own special soy sauce. Definitely a neon green light for sushi lovers ! The tuna was at room temperature when it came to the table and I liked the portion for a Rp 32,000 per plate. Besides the pricing, I lovveee their sauce! They call it their 'special soy sauce' which includes a good kick of garlic, onions, chives, sesame, pine nuts, macadamia nuts, hint of lemon juice and of course soy sauce. I'm a big fan of garlic but if you're not then this might annoys you a bit.

I'd eat this anytime of the day and night, not only it's super low in carb and healthy, it's super yummy and rather cheap I supposed. This is a must order dish for all readers intending to come !
Menu : Low Carb
Price : Rp 70,000 ++
Score : 7.0 / 10

>> Well this is for those going on a Atkin's diet. This menu has low carb (just like the title of the dish) and high in protein. It includes BBQ beef, chicken, short ribs and 2 eggs any style. NO RICE for the health nut; a low carb diet ! You can find all the dish here in 'Bistro Bento' but you get more meat in this dish instead. But overall, would still recommend you to try the 'Bistro Bento' first, due to the variety of other component on the plate. Then maybe on the subsequent trips, you may opt for this instead. ** Bistro Bento is yummy but makes you gain weight too fast too easily hahahaha **


Overall, I'd like to come back and having dinner here again, the portion is good and the pricing are reasonable too! Not so much of a 'hang out' place but definitely a good casual weekday dining place to go to!

Hawaiian Bistro
Pantai Indah Kapuk Rukan Garden House A25
(A few ruko to the left of Ikkousha Ramen PIK)
Phone : 021 - 29033185

No comments:

Post a Comment