Tuesday 25 June 2013

Bakmi Orpa

Bakmi Orpa - Pork
Alot of people calls Bakmi Orpa as the rich man's noodle or 'Bakmi Orang Kaya'. Well, due to the obvious reason that the price tag is rather expensive in comparison to other noodles in Jakarta. This beauty on top cost Rp 38,000 while the other noodles in Muara Karang & Pluit area cost around Rp 18,000 to Rp 24,000. But nevertheless, I'm one of their loyal customer. My office is super near to this place and I watched it grow along the way, from their rented ruko, to a better but still 'run down' ruko and now their own estblishment (all along in the same area). I have to say, I rather like their noodle and would give them an 7.5 / 10. They do home made their own noodle and the portion in a bowl was just right. I'm able to finished the bowl without feeling too full nor sick. The meat and the seasoning were on the track too! Good stuff...
PS : Bakmi Pejagalan still taste better (Review Post Dated : 22 May 2013)

Suikiaw Kuah
These are the bomb! I'll score these an 8.0 / 10. I like this much better than their noodles. I'm a sucker for dumplings and their home made skin used to wrap the meat are super thin and flaky thus you can get minimal carb with maximum taste of the meat fillings. Some people like their dumpling skin thick (which I don't understand why), thus if you are those kind, then you won't like these so much. Regardless, the meat itself is generously filled and definitely seasoned well.

Menu : Tahu Isi Daging
Price : To be advise
Score : 6.0 / 10

>> Slightly too mediocre for me and thus I supposed you don't need to bother to order this. The tofu and the meat was well done, but didn't hit my taste buds and made me go 'Wowww'. However, still a decent snack while there. You could order this or not, won't missed out on anything.
Menu : Bakso Goreng
Price : To be advise
Score : 7.5 / 10

>>  Who don't like deep friend Pork Meat Balls. I loooveee it and always have it along with noodles. Their's in Bakmi Orpa was tasty and well fried! You're still able to taste the crunchiness of the outer skin while the gooey inner part of the pork meat was still intact. The chili sauce at the side helped in a big way too. It cuts the oil and thus making this one of the must try during your trip to Bakmi Orpa.




Bakmi Orpa
Jl. Malaka 2 No 25. Bandengan Jakarta Utara
Phone : 021  - 6912450

No comments:

Post a Comment