Friday 15 February 2013

Le Bistro

In the mood for love? Well... I am ! I'm not a romantic or too much of a drama queen but yes I would wanna celebrate Valentine's day. It's something every couple should make an effort to celebrate. I agree that every day should be a Valentine's day but splurging on that particular day makes it more special somehow, someway. So guys, buy your girl a bunch of flowers, take her to a dinner and open a bottle of wine. Have fun and savor the moments ^_^

 
Last night FW took me to this secluded French Restaurant called 'Le Bistro' at Gedung Jaya, not too far away from Plaza Indonesia. It was a beautiful place, a little bit cheesy as the fact there are hearts and a lot of pink everywhere; the table cloths, all of the waitresses wore pink, shapes of cut out papers in pink hanging from the chandeliers. In short, the place screams "Happy Valentine's Day" to you. 
 
Le bistro has that very intimate feeling. The service was good, the people makes a point to pay attention to you, makes you feel at ease, comes back to you every now and then  to add on, the entire atmosphere makes you feel at a real french home. The set menu dinner consists of a salad, a soup, a main course and lastly the dessert. How do I find the food? VERY VERY GOOD except for the dessert hahaha, here goes the reviews :

Menu : Fresh Salad
Score : 7.0 / 10

>> Fresh salad with king prawns, dressed in a creamy dressing. A good way to start a romantic dinner I suppose? The greens were fresh, king prawns were succulent and the creamy dressing wasn't too overpowering. A great combination, a good starter and this keeps you wanting for more.

Menu : French Onion Soup
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> Onion infused soup with parmesan grated bread on top. Very very much in love with this soup. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Onion Soup but this experienced might just turned me into one. Love the sweetness of the onion and the whole balance of the seasonings was just splendid. The touch of grated parmesan on top of a toasted bread became a good combination. Love it !
Menu : Tenderloin Steak
Score : 8.0 / 10

>> I asked for a medium and I got a perfect medium. Looove this piece of juicy steak. This menu is basically tenderloin pan fried, in creamy chopped mushroom sauce, with sauteed potatoes and string beans. Not to mention, the size given was a good portion, by the time I was half way cutting into this, my tummy was three quarter full. In short, will I want to come back and order this steak again? Answer is a definite yes !!!!
Menu : Lamb Rack
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> I didn't order as my main, FW had this. I tried his and must agree it delicious too !! I don't eat lamb nor goat because of the 'smell' that can be annoying to me but yesterday when I had a cut of his lamb, hmmm I enjoyed it ! This grilled lamb is coverd in honey, sprinkled with crushed almonds, sided by mint sauce, mashed potatoes and string beans. Those lamb lovers, I recommend you to try on this one !
Menu : Sauteed pears with ice cream
Score : 4.0 / 10

>> I was really looking forward to be blown away by the dessert because al of the food was top notch. But sadly to say, I was disappointed. This sauteed pears with ice cream wasn't good at all, probably only the canned cherry on top was rather forgiving. The pear taste raw to me and I'm pretty sure the ice cream was supermarket bought.
The bottle of Jacobs Creek cost RP 545,000 ++ and the set menu cost Rp 550,000 ++ for 2 person. The entire bill came down to around RP 1,300,000. But most importantly both FW and I enjoyed each other companion and found a new restaurant that serves good food with reasonable price tag.


Le Bistro (French Bistro, Piano & Bar)
Jl. MH Thamrin Kav 1 - 2

Phone : 021 - 3909249

No comments:

Post a Comment