Wednesday 12 September 2012

Chill Out - Gili Air (Lebaran'12)


This place was very much recommended by the staffs at Omah Gili. Chill out has the capacity of around 50 to 70 pax indoor but you can lay down outside facing directly to the beach, sipping ice cold beer while sun bathing under the scorching sunlight. I wouldn't know where or what to compare Gilir Air's super laid back and breathtaking serenity. It wasn't only Chill Out that provide such spectacular view, but it goes the same for many other restaurants and cafe.

Menu : Chicken Curry
Price : RP 35,000 ++
Score : 6.5 / 10

>> The curry came in pipping hot with steam still ashing out from the bowl. What I love best about this curry was the consistency! Exactly how I like my curry, not too viscous, not watery either. The portion is excellent! This comes with steam white rice and in addition, the fillings inside were generous. Mountains of vegetables and big chunks of chicken were in there. I wanted to give this a 7.5 pointer but the fact that this is a 'mild' curry turn this to a 6.5 dish. I personally thought it was lacking a 'kick' on the taste buds, again..too mild for my liking. Lack of curry spices and most importantly chili. But then again, adjusted to the main target consumers, the 'Bules'. Therefore, fully understandable :)

Note : This dish has a lot of potential !! A little more of this and that will make your taste buds go ' WOWWW' !!
Menu : Beef Burger
Price : RP 45,000 ++
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> I ordered Fried Rice and switched to this menu over here upon seeing another customer's beef burger sent over to their table. If wouldn't for that moment of 'laper mata' I don't think I'd order a burger. Nevertheless, this was good stuff! I would never expect to find such chunky and crispy and salty french fries over here. I thought it would be thin, greasy and soggy :p The beef patty was alright, nothing too special about it, but their home made mayonnaise was a star! The mayo sauce made the burger alive, add chili into and between each bun layers and you'll go eat in silence *not wanting anyone to interrupt your meal*. Thumbs up :)
Chill Out Bungalows and Bar
Gili Air, Lombok Indonesia
Phone : +6281999364607
Email : chilloutbungalows@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment