Monday 20 May 2013

Bakmi Khek


Bakmi Khek when translated to English means 'Hakka Noodle'. I'm a Hakka and it just feels right whenever I ate this. It might be the silent brain washing, taste adjuster that my parents and grandparents had instilled in my taste buds. But Hakka food just has a soft spot in my tummy. Remembering my childhood, my grandmother always cooks Hakka dishes and I thought Hakka was only the type of variety in Chinese dishes. When I grow up, I became more 'smarter' of course, but Hakka cuisine still is my old time favorite dish.

Menu : Bakmi Khek Special
Price : Rp 22,000 (Small Portion)
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> The difference between Special and Regular is the amount of meat. Regular is a choice of pork of chicken, while you get both meat the pork and chicken in the special. And the price of a large portion is an additional Rp 10,000 on top of the small one.

They hand made all of the noodles and the claimed to used a secret sauce that has been in their family since 1969, brought down generations to generations. How true? I don't know. But I'm sure of the fact that this food stall had been 'forever' in Muara Karang; since I was a child and with regards to the taste. It's goooood! The texture has that springy feeling and the amount of the sauce isn't over salty. The additional meat gives it an additional kick to the entire dish.
Menu : Sui Kiaw
Price : Rp 20,000 (5 pcs)
Score : 6.5 / 10

>> Thickness of the skin is good. Not too thick at all. What was a slight let down for me was the seasoning of the broth and the fillings.

The soup was a slight bland, maybe this was a purpose as eaters usually adds their own special mix of sauces and condiments such as soy sauce, chili and pepper.  Not a big deal though.

The amount of the fillings were generous. They used pork and vegetables as usual. A good size and was quite filling to the tummy if you had 10 pieces of this. But again a small issue with the seasoning. A little more sprinkle of salt might made of the big changes to this dish. But overall a solid meal and you should definitely pay here a visit!

I will be doing a post on another Noodle stall in Pluit area which I think is better and deserves a 9 out of 10. Curious? Stay tune and hooked on noodles ^_^

Bakmi Khek
Muara Karang B7 Utara No 115 (Pusat)
Phone : 021 - 6680048 / 6604328

Cabang Kelapa Gading                            Cabang Taman Palem Lestari
Boulevard raya Blok WB No 2                 Taman Palem Lestari AA2 No 3 Cengkareng Jkt Barat
Phone : 021 - 97960704 / 4508906        Phone : 021 - 80739935

No comments:

Post a Comment