Saturday 26 April 2014

MAD (Moderan Asian Dining)


I was at the Lotte Shopping Mall (LOVE), the one in kuningan I'm sure all of you know. I was about to grab a movie ticket and I saw MAD, which stands for Modern Asian Dining. I gotta say I hesitated to enter, it has this bright orange and neon printings, definitely reminds me of Disney mixed with Andy Warhol kind of vibe. But oh my, I was surprise by the size of the restaurant. From the outside, it looked like a normal entrance but 30 steps into the place, it was HUGEEE, with a capital H U G E! I really do mean it. I think it might cover more than 800 m2, the length of the restaurant was about 50 - 60 meters I think? I know you might think I sound hyperbolic by the bad description of just the 'size' but hey, you need to just enter the place to feel the space. Note : I didn't recommend you to try the food, but just enter and judge the space for yourself. Even better, it's entrance fee is FREE !


As for the food, I am not a big fan compare to the surprise I got by the size of the place :p hehehe

Menu : Pork Mantau
Price : Rp 80,000 ++
Score : 5.5 / 10

>> The photo in the menu made it look really tempting and I ordered. The taste was rather mediocre, the pork belly was juicy and has the right amount of hoisin sauce but apart from that, it's nothing special. Portion is too small for a Rp 80,000. Honestly feel this should be charged for Rp 35,000 instead of  Rp 80 K. A rip off? What do you think?

Menu : Laksa Lamien
Price : Rp 98,000 ++
Score : 6.0 / 10

>> So - So tasting laksa. I wasn't hoping to be better than the one sold in Singapore but I was far from being impressed. Portion was enough for a small adult female, soup was okay, wonton was cripsy, you know the ordinary. Bottom line, far from special, and I wouldn't miss having this. Btw, Din Tai Fung serves better tom yum lamien for only Rp 50,000 ... just something to think about :)
Menu : Josper Wagyu Claypot
Price : Rp 198,000 ++
Score : 6.0 / 10

>> Complete overpriced. Wagyu beef was okay (not brilliant), poach egg was perfect but Rp 198,000 ??? Come on, I think the price tag is not well suited with the ambiance. The place screams casual while the pricing is not casual at all.


Will I come back? Hmm...nope I don't think so. But you should !! See the perspective of the space and NOT the food. I warned you guys hehehehe...



MAD (Modern Asian Dining)
Lotte Shopping Avenue 4th Floor
Phone : 021 - 29889499

No comments:

Post a Comment