Saturday 11 December 2010

Ayam Betutu

Signboard on the main street


A different Saturday brunch. DH tried this same restaurant in Nusa Dua Bali before and he claimed that this was superbly superb! So when "Ayam Betutu" opens a branch very close to my house he wanted to try it very badly. I was a little bit skeptic over his food reviews due to previous disappointing eat outs, but I agree to eat anyways.

Menu : Nasi Campur Bali
Price : Rp 25,000
Score : 6.25 / 10

» There's a lot of things going on the plate. There were steaming hot rice, sate lilit, sayur urap, ayam goreng betutu, ayam suwir, kacang, belut goreng, orek kentang and kuah saus at the side. Overall, I only liked the ayam suwir and sate lilit. But honestly have to say that the taste was some how different from the one in Bali. Nevertheless, this is the closest you can get in Pluit.
Menu : Ayam Betutu Setengah Ekor
Price : Rp 35,000
Score : 6 / 10
» There was an additional side dish for this Ayam Betutu set; "Kankung Pelencing". I'm sorry, I didn't get that inside the picture. To move on, the chicken was well cooked, juicy and moist. But apart from there's too much bones, the gravy was not very tasty. I loveee the "sambal matah" though! It's an oily combination of cut chilies, shallots and garlic! Hmmm, can cause bad breath but worth it!!!
Menu : Sate Lilit
Price : Rp 2,500 / each
Score : 6.5 / 10

» Yummy fresh fish wrapped onto sugar cane stick! The price was reasonable too but there was not enough spices there. Definitely rooms for improvements!
 


And so bottom line, If you ask me whether I'll come back again to here, I might say "yes". Not because of the fact that the food was excellent (it was okay, so - so), but because it is the closest Balinese food I can get in my area. It is only 5 minutes drive from home.

AYAM BETUTU BALI
Address : Jln. Pluit Indah Raya No 25. Jakarta Utara
Phone : 021 - 6660 6388

No comments:

Post a Comment