Monday 7 March 2011

Little Penang

The first time I ate "Asam Laksa" in Jakarta was at this restaurant but the one in "Taman Anggrek Mall" branch. I thought it was amazingly delicious and fell in love with the sour and tangy flavor of the tuna broth that all Asam Laksa typically will taste. I often come back there often for that particular dish. When I start working full time, I go there much lesser and when I made an unplanned trip to "Pluit Village" (previously known as Mega Mall Pluit) and saw that restaurant, I knew what I'll have for lunch. 

I didn't order their "Asam Laksa" because their menu had certainly grew in variety and that sort of lured me away from my initial intention. David and I order  three ala - carte courses and my overall experience went down slightly as to compare before I went in. Maybe it was the dishes that I choose but still it is no excuse for them to execute the dishes so poorly.

Menu : Tahu Goreng Penang
Price : Rp 24,800 ++
Score : 4.0 / 10

>> The menu said minced seafood stuffed in tofu and covered with bread crumbs and fried till golden brown. The tofu and bread crumbs I can taste, but seafood??? I see none, I taste none and disappointingly tasteless too.
Menu : Kerang Putih Asam Manis Chili
Price : Rp 39,800++
Score : 3.0 / 10

>> The sauce was pretty good, a typical sweet and sour sauce but the clams was disgusting. It smells of fishy and screams to me 'NOT FRESH'. I hate eating not fresh seafood, because the smell will be just way too bearable ! BAD BAD BAD !
Menu : Iga Sapi Steak Sauce
Price : Rp 59,800 ++
Score : 5.5 / 10

>> This is was a pleasant change from the previous 2 dishes. The meat is very tender and slip off easily from the bones. The black pepper sauce is of the right amount of seasoning and overall I think this save my overall experience of this trip to the restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment