Wednesday 2 February 2011

Food Hall Supermarket (Food Court)

   
The next time you go to Food Hall Supermarket, take two seconds and notice the 'open kitchen' they have in the middle of their store. You can choose the meat and for a little more money, you're able get them to cook it for you on the spot. It's like a mini food court area. The concept was attractive, thinking extremely fresh produce cooked on the spot. However this was first time trying and I could only say nothing except bad reviews.

Menu : Nachos Chili Bean Supreme
Price : Rp 24,000 ++
Score : 4.0 / 10

>> The portion was generous but the food tastes barely a pass! The nachos was cold and the dipping chili bean sauce was way too oily. The wasn't enough chili spice in the dip and rather tasteless. It was disappointing and definitely far away from the true Mexican nachos!
Menu : Potato Skin with Chili Beans
Price : Rp 18,000
Score : 4.5 / 10

>> I gave this a near pass because I like potato skin by natural. But this doesn't mean I'm encouraging you guys to try. Not good either. The skin wasn't crisp at all, it was all way too dry and I seriously think that the potatoes are all frozen and just re - heated when ordered.
Menu : Wagyu Steak
Price : Rp 55,000
Score : 3.5 / 10

>> Wasn't sure which grade was the Wagyu but still, for a mere Rp 55,000 I was all excited but the when the food came, I frowned. I asked for a medium well and they gave me rare. I saw blood oozing out from the middle. I needed them to heat it some more. The salad and mash potatoes was quite pathetic too. Bottom line, bad cooking !

No comments:

Post a Comment