Tuesday 1 February 2011

Kihana

Last Saturday, I went out to Plaza Indonesia (again haha :p) and had Japanese for dinner.  I'll never thought of 'Kihana' if weren't for my friends who brought up the suggestion. We nearly didn't have our food there because they were 10 of us and the only big table to fit all us has a minimum charge of Rp 2 million (dua juta). I thought to myself the restaurant's rule was quite stupid; the place wasn't packed at all and yet put a minimal charge for that 'special table'. Anyways in the end we stayed and split into 2 tables. Luckily, the food was not shitty (not crazily good either) and the service was alright. Thus, I forgave 'that rule'.

Menu  : Tom and Jerry
Price : Rp 73,000++
Score : 7.5 / 10

» Tom and Jerry is definitely the recommended sushi dish by the restaurant and didn't let me down! Even though the fillings were pretty much standard; Unagi eel, cucumber, seaweed, salmon roe, I felt the spicy mayonnaise generously sauced on top really brought the dish alive!
Menu  : D.I.G Roll
Price : Rp 73,000++
Score : 6.0 / 10

» The fillings were standard, the sauce was standard mayonnaise, the garnishes were standard! Basically just a standard tasting sushi roll. This didn't taste awful but even though the presentation was very similar to 'Tom & Jerry', the taste surely lost when compared.
Menu : Gindara Teriyaki
Price : Rp 100,000++
Score : 5.8 / 10

» The fish was slightly too mushy for me. I'm not sure whether it's because of the fish itself or it wasn't well cooked. The teriyaki sauce was okay, wasn't digusting but didn't blew me either. Nevertheless, for the quite pricey price tag, I felt the portion was slightly too small and didn't even include in the steam rice.
Menu : Gindara Teriyaki
Price : Rp 100,000++
Score : 5.8 / 10

» The fish was slightly too mushy for me. I'm not sure whether it's because of the fish itself or it wasn't well cooked. The teriyaki sauce was okay, wasn't disgusting but didn't blew me either. Nevertheless, for the quite pricey price tag, I felt the portion was slightly too small and didn't even include in the steam rice.

Below are some dishes that my friend ordered but I didn't get a chance to taste it. The price was not noted by me either. I'm sorry for the lack of info. Nevertheless, you still get to 'feed your eyes'. Enjoy !!

Beef Teriyaki
Yellow Tail Sashimi

Tori Katsu Curry Don

KIHANA JAPANESE RESTAURANT
PLAZA INDONESIA GROUND FLOOR MAIN LOBBY (ACROSS STARBUCKS)

No comments:

Post a Comment