Monday 14 February 2011

EN Japanese Dining Bar

My first post on En Dining can be found on December 2010 and did this double entry because the food I had this time round is completely different and too good to be missed. As always why I had dinner at En Dining was because there were 20 of us and wanted to watch soccer (Manchester United Vs Manchester City). However after this trip, I think I might be coming back soon not because of the fact they have a big TV with ESPN on it but for the first time I enjoyed the food. Thanks to my friend "Marwin", he knew the good dishes on the menu and changed my perspective on this restaurant.

Menu : Aburi Chasu
Price : Rp 42,000 ++
Score : 6.8 / 10

>> GOOD STUFF ! I know this grilled stewed pork is very fatty and very high in cholesterol but my tongue knew better that this is very yummy ! The soy sauce mixture at the bottom of the meat cuts into the fatty taste and the generous onion gave a crunchy texture.
Menu : Amiyaki Beef
Price : Rp 98,000++
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> This grilled sirloin beef with spicy ponzu sauce dish was a true surprising delight. I didn't expected this to taste good. I merely choose this from the menu base on the picture. I felt the ponzu sauce tasted more like salsa but nevertheless what ever the sauce was, this was really GOOD !
Menu : Beef Carpaccio
Price : Rp 68,000++
Score : 6.5 / 10

» The first time I had carpaccio was tuna fish meat. Instead this one was thin sliced raw beef with special sauce. I'm really a big fan of sour!! The surprising fact was that even though it is pure raw beef, it's not disgusting. The meat was fresh!! 
Menu : Crab Chahan
Price : Rp 85,000++
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> If you are bored of having normal fried rice then you should definitely try this ! This japanese fried rice has crab soup that 'pools' around it and on top there was glorious soft shell crab. I love the crab soup the most, really really good together with the fried rice !
Menu : Negi Chasu
Price : Rp 45,000 ++
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> Sliced stewed pork with leek and spring onion. Look very similar with Aburi Chasu but taste BETTER ! The sauce was slightly different, I can't explain what was different but bottom line this is the one you should choose over than Aburi. However, you'll need to order both and find out whether my taste buds are correct.
Menu : Rafte
Price : Rp 72,000 ++
Score : ---

>> I can't score this because I didn't taste this. This is a dish of stewed pork belly and the belly was so thick and fatty that I couldn't make myself taste the food. I know many people love this but seeing the 'look' of the thickness of the belly just made me choose the sliced one instead (Negi & Aburi Chasu).
Menu : Spicy Soft Shell Crab
Price : Rp 68,000 ++
Score : 5.5 / 10

>> This was okay, nothing great in comparison to other better tasting dishes I had tonight. The sauce wasn't spicy enough but the overall, I enjoyed this even though I may not re-order this dish again.
Menu : Dobinmushi
Price : Rp 42,000++
Score : 6.8 / 10

>> Steamed clear soup in Japanese tea pot. The presentation was very unique and the taste was very refreshing and in a way subtle and calming. It wasn't strong infused soup like Tom Yum or Laksa, this was leaning more towards home made soup. Very nice and recommendable !
Menu : Suchika
Price : Rp 58,000 ++
Score : 6.75 / 10

>> Broiled pork marinated with sea salt. This dish is really salty but a great appetizer. It really opens up your taste buds and instantly made you hooked into it. Very crispy, very addictive and very much like this ! Fyi, I ordered a second plate of this as everyone was snatching it way too fast haha !!

No comments:

Post a Comment