Saturday 12 February 2011

Es Teler 77


Es Teler 77 reminds me the good old time when I was 10 years younger,;still studying in Singapore. I had so much of fond memories there as I used to eat so much of their food. Mainly because it is affordable (SGD 2 dollars for chicken noodle *back then in 2000), situated near my school and it was a decent Indonesian restaurant within my knowledge. Upon since my Singapore days, I can't remember when was the last time I had a meal there.

Pleasant surprise due to the price, for 2 grown ups that were starving and had a natural big appetite, it cost Rp 90,000 (include tax) in total for both of us. I wasn't expecting much when I saw the decoration of the place. It was too plain and sparsely decorated. It wasn't comfy or anything suitable for couple of friends to have a chit chat session. The place is purely for diners to 'eat and go'. But at the end of it, I was pretty much satisfied with the food. I guess taste reigns above all things!

Menu : Ayam Goreng Pecak
Price : Rp 25,000++
Score : 5.5 / 10

>> The chicken was too tough but I couldn't expect much from a fried chicken as frying it will definitely made it tough. The traditional 'sambal belachan' is spicy (which is always good for me) but the smell of the shrimp paste was rather nauseating and thus because of that factor, this score only a 5.5
 
Menu : Bakmie Ayam Pedas Istimewa
Price : Rp 20,000 ++
Score : 6.5 / 10

>> For the mere price of Rp 20,000 you get a big bowl of chicken noodle with 2 boiled wonton and 2 beef balls in chicken broth soup. I thought this was a good value for money. I actually quite enjoyed the chicken noodle, the chicken meat and the noodle portion was relatively generous and the spicy taste wasn't overwhelming. However the boiled dumpling was rather disappointing, it was tasteless and not good at all.

Menu : Pisang Bakar Coklat Keju
Price : Rp 11,000 ++
Score : 6.0 / 10

>> Not bad at all. The banana itself was big in size and tastes sweet by itself. The topping was slightly stingy and would have been much better if there were more chocolate and cheese shavings. What I liked most about this is the 'burnt taste' I tasted from the inner side of the banana.
Menu : Es Teler
Price : Rp 25,000++
Score : 6.5 / 10

>> Their famous house name dessert ! Generous pile of jackfruit, coconut, avocado drenched with ice shavings and sweetened condensed milk on top. Love it ! Very sweet, very refreshing and very yummy too !!

No comments:

Post a Comment