Monday 10 January 2011

Arang 22

My close friend (SM) had her twin baby boys today. She had a C - section and within 10 minutes her babies were out of her tummy. Brayden and Bradley were the two names! After visiting her in the hospital, I had Korean dinner with DH. I chose Arang 22 as the place. I heard a lot of buzz about this restaurant but only get to try it now. The parking space was a bitch but the food experience was apologetic for all the parking excuse.
 
Menu : Sut Bul Kalbi
Price : Rp 180,000++
Score : 6.5 / 10

» Great tasting meat! I like the saltiness of the marinate sauce they use. Very succulent and juicy. With green lettuce leaf, cucumber, chili and red Korean paste, the whole party on the tongue is just irresistible!
Menu : Kimchi Chigae
Price : Rp 65,000++
Score : 7.0 / 10

» I would have to say this is 2nd best to Gyukaku's kimchi soup. Definitely better tasting than the one Han Gang is serving. It has great seasoning and the balance of sour, salty and the spicy really had me go for 2nd serving.
Menu : Bossam Jongsik
Price : Rp 80,000++
Score : NIL

» I'm sorry to say that I didn't taste this and therefore not able to cast a score. I had the Kimchi served at the side but not the pork. Reason was that it is 100% FATS -_-. Slices of thick and slightly grilled fats was surely not ordered by me. I reckon if I had this, my cholesterol level would have just shoot out of the roof!
Menu : Jap Chae
Price : Rp 95,000++
Score : 7.5 / 10

» Arang's Jap Chae is amazingly delicious! Of all the dish I ordered from the menu, this is really the best tasting one. The potato noodle is more stickier than other Korean restaurant has. I love the noodle, the sauce, the texture and of course; the taste!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment