Monday 24 January 2011

Sweet Tooth

If you get to know me better and take notice of my way of eating, you'll know that I am a sugar junkie! I loveeee sweet treats, I need sugary stuff to finish my every meal. Even if it is just a piece of chewing gum, a glass of strawberry smoothie or an elaborate plate of desert I desperately need anything sweet at the end of my meal. If I didn't have any, I'll feel something is odd, something is not right, something is not yet complete. In short, I have a very sweet tooth and so I'll dedicate this post for sugar lovers out there.

Where : Canteen (EX, Plaza Indonesia Extension)
Menu: Chocolate Fondant with Caramel & Vanilla Ice Cream
Price : Rp 35,000++
Score : 7.0 / 10

>> Glorious chocolate!! Slightly bitter chocolate cake with melting sauce oozing from the inside eaten together with sweet vanilla ice cream is just wonderful! I reckon I had better ones but I definitely finished this plate by myself :p
Where : Canteen (EX, Plaza Indonesia Extension)
Menu : Creme Brulee
Price : Rp 35,000++
Score : 6.5 / 10

>> The first scoop didn't taste that good but the more you dig into this, you can't stop. At least, I can't! I specially asked the waitress for a more burn caramel on top and that really increase the 'wow' taste factor.
Where :  Maystar (Emporium Pluit Mall, 4th Floor)
Menu : Coconut Pudding
Price : Rp 42,800 ++
Score : 8.0 / 10

>> Rather expensive but one of the best coconut pudding in town, even better their rival Duck King's. The sweetness and the tender pudding simply melts in your mouth! Heavenly! 

Where : Kiyadon (Several branches all over Jakarta)
Menu : Shiratama Zenzai
Price : Rp 35,000 ++
Score : 6 / 10

>> Even though I'm not a big fan of mochi but this warm mochi is very chewable and pleasant to eat. I love the strong vanilla infused ice cream, I must say it is more fragrant than usual and the asuki beans were sooo yummy, definitely the star of the dessert!
Where : Korean Supermarket or Korean Restaurant
Menu : Ice Cream Sandwich with Cheese Cake
Price : RP 15,000
Score : 7.0 / 10
>> I like this Korean ice cream very much. The sponge cake on the top and bottom is very soft and even though you eat it out straight from the freezer, the cake wasn't icy solid nor difficult to bite through. The ice cream is smooth, no ice crystals and most importantly I can definitely taste the cheese cake flavor.
Where : Pluit Village 4th Floor
Menu : Chocolate and Cheese Doriyaki
Price : RP 7,000 / each
Score : 2.0 / 10
>> I bought this at Pluit Village 4th floor from a doriyaki stand that I forgot to note down the name (but definitely won't ever go back for the 2nd time). It taste bad -___-! The dough was cold and chewy, the filling was spare and so little that I cannot taste the cheese inside. I only had one bite and gave the rest away to my driver.
Where : Any Supermarket
Menu : Ultra Jaya Assorted Flavored Drinks
Price: Sari Asem (Rp 3,500), Sari Kacang Ijo (Rp 2,800)
& Susu Coklat (Rp 4,000)
Score : Average of 6.75 / 10

>> Every time I hit the supermarket, I'll pass by the drinks section and pile on these 3 flavored drinks. Compared to all of the other competitors' brands, Ultra Jaya has better taste, better consistency and from the taste I'm assuming they're only using pure sugar instead of artificial sweeteners.

Where : Food Hall Supermarket
Menu : Mrs Fields Triple Chocolate Cookies
Price : Rp 51,000 / pack (8 pieces inside)
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> Overprice for sure but I feel it is worth it to splurge on great tasting food. The cookies were wrapped individually for freshness. You can taste the moist, chewy and gooey chocolate in all of the cookies every time you bite into it. I love having this in front of the TV watching my favorite drama.

1 comment:

  1. BIG JUAN DARI ZEUSBOLA

    Hadiah Ratusan Jutaan Rupiah!

    Event Hanya Sampai 30 Nov

    Nikmati Layanan Transaksi Lainnya dari Zeusbola Seperti Deposit Via Pulsa dan Seluruh Bank Lokal Indonesia


    Segera Hubungi Customer Service Kami Melalui
    Whatsapp : +6282277104607



    #bandarjudionline #situsjudionline #bandardepositpulsa #judipulsa #slotpulsa #zeusbolaterbaik




    ReplyDelete