Saturday 21 July 2012

Kitchenette


Before I start this post, I'll have to inform you guys that my brain was scattered around and thus a lot of the basic details that I usually provide are missing. Forgive me for that :p

I was busy chatting, replying my work emails, eating, tasting and drinking (not forgetting I left the table early for a friend's birthday dinner). Therefore, do pardon me :p Other than that, please read and feed your eyes :)
Menu : Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Price : To be advised
Score : 3.0 / 10

>> The reason  why I gave this a score of 3 wasn't the fact that it taste bad but the fact this doesn't taste like Aglio Olio AT ALL. We, J-towners eats a lot of fusion food but this dish is 'fusionized' soooo much that it actually taste like a good 'mie goreng' instead of aglio olio. I kid you not ! 

Look at the picture and you'll realized that Aglio Olio doesn't have tomatoes in them. In here, there are some chunky ones. This taste sweet as if a good dollop of sweet soy (kecap manis) is added into. So, dear Kitchenette; please fix on this menu. I really think you serve relatively some good food for a shopping mall standard but if I wanted a bowl of Aglio Olio I'll never ever order it from you again. * Unless you write me an email informing me that you have switch recipe :) hahahaha

Menu : Beef Burger Steak with eggs on rice
Price : To be advise
Score : 8.0 / 10

>> Yummmehh !!!! Reminds me of college food I had in Chinatown back in the old days when I was still in Melbourne. A piece of meat, additional fried egg resting on a mountain of steam rice with some funky gravy all around. This taste 'homey' but better in many level. To begin with, the rice portion is BIG and thus if a female is having it, either you literally have a big stomach (just like me hahaha) or you just get out of the female prison, if not then you better share with another friend rather than wasting it. This definitely taste fusion but correct in all the taste department :)

Menu : Marie - Lou
Price : RP 55,000 ++
Score : 7.0 / 10

>> This is basically a sweet crepe. Whole baked banana, a good dollop of nuttela, a little bit of whipped cream on the side, grated cheese & a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Lastly, drizzled with chocolate and caramel sauce to finish off. This screams "CALORIIIIIEESSSS" in so many level, especially after having half Aglio Olio and half portion of the Beef steak on rice. But my mouth is just too itchy, it can't stop until I have dessert to wash my main course off. Nevertheless, satisfying and a happy tummy is a happy me !!!!

Kitchenette
Plaza Indonesia Extension 1st Floor
(Across Baron Bistro or Louis Vuitton)
Phone : 021 - 2992 3580

No comments:

Post a Comment