Friday 27 July 2012

Nannini

                      









I had a lot of good Aglio Olios at Nannini in Plaza Indonesia but a virgin with their branch in Plaza Senayan. With that saying, their first branch was actually Plaza Senayan and the second was Plaza Indonesia. After a good twenty minutes debating on what to have, what not to have for dinner, where and where not to eat, FW and I landed ourselves here. I must say for a Thursday dinner crowd, their tables were around 90% seated but then again it's the Muslims' fasting season and when comes dinner time people swarm cafes and restaurants. The taste becomes secondary and instead to have their empty tummy filled is a primary thing! So beware of this season, crowded restaurants during peak hour may not equate to good tasting dish!

Menu : Caesar Salad with additional Salmon
Price : Rp 50,000 ++ (Additional salmon Rp 20,000++)
Score : 6.0 / 10

>> Okay, I have to admit that I screamed 'overpriceeee' for the small bowl of Caesar salad. I mean if you want to price your salad the same with your main course then please serve a main course size instead of an appetizer portion. Their portion is a fail for me but the taste is somehow satisfying. If only their portioning is correct...if only...

Menu : Roasted Chicken
Price : Rp 75,000 ++
Score : 7.5 / 10

>> This time the portion is amazingly correct, I was disappointed with the salad's but I forgave them on this. Good size portion with steam vegetables and mashed potatoes on the side. I like the ginger garlic rub and herbs infused into the chicken. I must say it's a little bit dry on the 'breast' side but still chewable. The BBQ sauce served together was a good combination too. Tangy, sweet and sour BBQ sauce is exactly what a roasted chicken need. FW made a good choice of menu on this.
Menu : Fettucine Carbonara
Price : Rp 63,000 ++
Score : 6.0 / 10

>> From the first bite, I knew I should've stick with their Aglio Olio instead. First, let's talk about the portion; good size just enough for me. Second, seasoning; too bland for me, I added some extra salt, pepper and a ton lot of chili flakes on my plate. Third, the fillings; pretty generous and thus always a good thing. Fourth, pasta and sauce; a little bit too dry, a drizzle of olive oil at the end might be a good thing to do here. Fifth, presentation; I'm not a big fan of it. Overall, wasn't too bad, but definitely having Aglio Olio next time !


There is a promotion for BNI credit card holders, a good cut of 25% from the food only. The total bill came down to Rp 240,818 for two person, around Rp 120,000 per person.

Nannini
Plaza Senayan, 3rd Level No 317 A
Phone : 021 - 572 5411

No comments:

Post a Comment